Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RACHEL IN THE RAW

What's up Art Trailers!?! This week I'm spending some time in NOLA...New Orleans, LA, BABY! I'm here visiting my dear friend, Rachel Harp, who is also what some folks might call a "Sunday Painter." I happen to adore "Sunday Painters" since they're usually untouched by formal art training and therefore more RAW. Rachel is in the restaurant/catering biz but with all the funky vibe on the street here in NOLA, she can't help but to dust off the ole brush now and again. Check out some of her work below.

How would I describe Rachel's style???? The first words that come to mind?? SWEATY STREET ART! I love Rachel's mix of anything recycled with a dap of acrylic as her medium. From rusted tin to Katrina shutters, Rachel skips the streets searching for others' trash to call her own. If you like what you see, contact me at kelli@arttraillady.com and I'll put you in touch...until next time, PEACE!











1 comment:

  1. Great first post and the artist's work is happy and charming. I'm particularly guilty of "Zinning" and relate to that piece.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete