Monday, October 24, 2011

Pictures from Paris-Matt Bell

I had the pleasure of interviewing photographer, Matt Bell a few weeks ago. Yes ladies, the picture of the handsome man above is Matt! I'm just having the chance to get re-organized enough to write about Matt, but here is what I have to say...

Matt's photography ROCKS!

Meeting Matt was completely unplanned but as soon as I saw his Parisian Photography Exhibit hung at Artist and Architechs in Lafayette, LA a few weeks ago, I had to introduce myself.

The beauty of Matt's photography is that he has the amazing ability to capture life as its happening, seeming to go unnoticed. No setups in these Parisian photos...just moments that you are I may miss, but to this photo artist, the moments are inspiration.

Matt captures scenes and portraits with an inquisitive eye as he somehow is able to get into the lives and hearts of the strangers around him.

Matt's images invite me back to Paris, back in that place of romance and parisian living. Yet the simpleness of the subject is simply intriguing. Individual stories are told in the vibrant images on the walls of this exhibit.

This photo artist uses a perfect combination of color, imagery and imagination capturing everyday life on the Parisian streets. It was a pleasure meeting Matt Bell and I urge you to check out his work at www.mattbellphotography.com.

4 comments: