Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome to Artwalk! My favs of this months Lafayette Artwalk...

On Saturday evening I was all of feeling sorry for myself with the cancelation (printing issues) of the book signing for my new book, The Acadiana Art Trail when I decided to take myself on an "Artist Date." I strolled out solo in the "not so cool" autumn breeze to catch a glimpse of what was happening in the Lafayette (Louisiana) art scene....Very quickly my mood shifted as I enjoyed what these eclectic, Cajun people had to offer....


I found these artists having quite a ball sketching in America's Coffee House! America's always has great taste in local creators! You'll find America's Coffee House is one of my favorite places to "trail art" in The Acadiana Art Trail.

You might recognize this guy on the right....check out http://kodychamberlain.blogspot.com/ and my previous blog post on Kody for more info.

*****
Visiting Arts and Fleas always gives me a taste of what's going on in the underground Bohemian world of Acadiana. From my friend Emily's preserves to the handmade jewelry, clothing, etc, these ladies and gents definitely have the cool factor happening!!

Check them out at http://www.facebook.com/LafayetteArtsFleas?sk=wall.


Another favorite of tonight's trail was the showing at Gallery R which featured brothers, Clay and Edgar Judice. Gallery R always has a great showing but missed by most people because its so tucked away....be sure to stop in at Gallery R and  a refreshing surprise will always await you! 


The fountains of Parc SansSouci always stopped me....I never walk by without capturing a photo!


Recycled Cycles always brings in an energetic bunch and invites musical guests for shop goers to enjoy....I always stop in to get a fix of the coolest vintage bikes. Simply said, Recycled Cycles rocks!
http://www.recycledcycleslafayette.com/



Hope you enjoyed trailing Lafayette's October Artwalk with me today...check in later this week for my blog post with one of my new favorite photographers, Matt Bell. 
check him out at mattbellphotogrphy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment