Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Simply Psychedelic: An Interview with Ashley Stone

Hello fellow Art Trailers! Today I'd like to share with you a little gem I found in the Arnaudville, LA area a few months ago while writing The Acadiana Art Trail. He is the only Psychedelic Painter I've every known...Ashley Stone is his name. 


I discovered him in a little gallery known as NuNu's Deux Bayous Gallery. The Deux Bayous Gallery has been featured in The Acadiana Art Trail and if you haven't been to visit them yet, its a must for all Acadiana Art Trailers. Here is their website http://www.deuxbayousgallery.com/.


But Ashley is much bigger than Arnaudville, LA. Originally from Suffolk England, Ashley has had the opportunity to share his work around the UK and the USA. 


Ashley lives in his own psychedelic world of music and dancing. If you've had the privilege of meeting him, you might be fooled by his shy, English accent. I was for sure! I never would have thought that the bold, vibrant, psychedelic colors and movement in the paintings on the wall would have been those of Ashley's. 


I originally shot a video interview of Ashley but because of the sound in the very old building of Deux Bayous Gallery, I wasn't able to share it with you guys today. So, for pictures, etc, I'll have to point you to Ashley's website http://ashleystone.co.uk/.


A little insight from Ashley, "That the world we live in is not as it seems, that there are forces and other dimensions that play an important role in what we do, whether that be the most simplest of things to the most complex. We can take music as an example, our brains have a response to music, but it is totally invisible to most of people visually, except in cases of synesthesia. Are our senses so refined that we can not perceive the world around us to what it really is?"


You see, as you gaze upon Ashley's pieces you can only be inspired to move and sway and twirl as each piece takes on its own vibrations...its own rhythm. If I had to point you to my favorite pieces of Ashley's, i'd say that his landscape paintings are truly BEAUTIFUL!  They just capture me...I posted the link to them here http://ashleystone.co.uk/gallery.htm.


For more information on Ashley Stone's work visit http://ashleystone.co.uk/index.htm.


Have a beautiful day Art Trailers!!! 

Love,

The Art Trail Lady

Follow Your Art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment