Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Point-Aux-Chenes

Its almost hump day Art Trailers! Hope you've been doing some recent trailing since the last post! This time of year is festival season in South Louisiana which always makes me smile. I'm also a year older as of last week which doesn't make me smile, but that's besides the point.

For my birthday, T-roy took me camping and fishing in a small Cajun fishing village just south of Houma, LA. You may have heard of it, Point-Aux-Chenes...You can read more about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointe-aux-Chenes,_Louisiana.

It was a very relaxing getaway and even though I caught more pictures than I did fish, I had a blast and the inspiration that came with the experience was wonderful! I'm posting a painting I completed upon returning as well as a few photos of the trip. This piece is on Sinker Cypress pulled from the Atchafalya Basin. I used a drimmel tool to help create texture with some of the figures and acrylic paint to accent. Point-aux-Chenes definitely brought out the gritty folk art in me...enjoy!


 This photo is from the landing and point of Point-aux-Chenes...
Peer


 I think these are semi-wild horses. They are isolated by water on a piece of land only giving them dried marsh grass to live on :(
 This is me being a little silly!

T-roy at our Camp Site...the old camps behind him are boarded up from the last hurricane.

Our Campsite


Folk Art Found on the Indian Reservation

Submarine

Folk Art on Indian Reservation

The tattered homes give you a taste of the rough life on the reservation. 







Follow YOur ARt!!

Love,
The Art Trail Lady


2 comments:

  1. You need to make a trip to Pierre Part and pay a visit to the driftwood man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcie...send over his info and I'll check him out!!

      Delete