Monday, February 27, 2012

Magnet Art!

Happy Monday Art Trailers!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

I wanted to share with you today some new pieces from my studio....I'm working on filling a request for Casa Azul Gifts in Grand Coteau, LA. Grand Coteau is the home of The Academy of Sacred Heart and Sacred Heart Church where many people visit to attend retreats and tour the historic property and town. Casa Azul requested small easy to pack items that represented the town well.

So...here is my first attempt. Some good ole folk art magnets!!

This project was a first for me since religious art is not something I usually venture into but I had fun exploring the religious and spiritual side of painting. T-roy helped me out by using a drimmel tool to carve out some detail into some of the pieces then I'd fill in with paint...a nice Sunday afternoon project. Many more to paint this week so I'd better get moving....

Peace and Love!

Follow Your Art,

The Art Trail Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment